Opening of the New Walmart!!

Courtney McQuay, Staff Writer

The day has finally come! After months and months of being constructed the new Walmart is finished and open! The new Walmart is a neighborhood market so it mostly only carries food. But the new Walmart carries more of it then the Main Walmart. It still carries some important merchandise such as paper plates and animal food. It also carries some other luxuries such as hair products and makeup.

The new Walmart is located in an area near many houses so that it will be easier to get to. Its right by Cloud Community College near the highway.

Having another Walmart in town will decrease the traffic at the Main Walmart, but some are worried that the traffic near the new one will be a lot worse than it is now. But another benefit is that the Cloud students can stop by at Walmart on their way to and from class.

Being where it is might also decrease the population of people who shop at other grocery stores such as Dillon’s. But there are more advantages to having the new Walmart then disadvantages. With more stocks of food there will less likely be foods out of stock at both Walmart’s at the same time. So if there is something you need and it is out in one Walmart, you can go to the other one and it will likely still be in stock there.

Carrying more than just food will bring in more customers. It also makes it so that you don’t have to go to the Main Walmart to get certain items that is not for sale at the new one. The prices and produce are the same and the new Walmart even has its own gas station.

With Junction City expanding in the area near the New Walmart it’ll help the people who live in those areas so that they do not have to go as far to drive to Walmart.