JCHS holds first prom in new building

A+group+of+friends+pose+in+front+of+the+portrait+backdrop+for+their+free+experience+portrait.+

A group of friends pose in front of the portrait backdrop for their free experience portrait.

Ryan Macrae Delacruz, Staff Writer

JCHS Prom 2022 took place on April 23 inside the school’s auxiliary gym. It was also the first prom to happen inside the new school building.

Prom was held from 8-11 pm with half the gym filled with tables while the other half was used as the dance floor. In keeping with the theme “Frame the Moment”, there was an old school photo booth and multiple backdrops for pictures. Some of these backgrounds consisted of arches, picture walls, and even a fountain set. Christine Poole, the journalism teacher, was the photographer for the main backdrop. The centerpiece for each table included multiple picture frames for the students to take as party favors.

One of the juniors who experienced their first prom that night was FFA vice president Lilye Cartwright.

“I had gone with a group, my boyfriend and two friends, so we got together, took pictures, and went to IHOP for dinner. It was a lot of dancing, so it was really fun. And then after prom, we all went to my house and we ate a bunch of snacks and watched a movie,” Cartwright said.