Finishing my last year: Reflections from a new Senior

Jermaine Barnett, Staff writter

Hello my names is Jermaine Barnett and I am a new student entering Junction City high school. I moved here from Kansas City, Kansas to finish my last year of high school the right way, which I am very enthused about completing this year. Since entering the school I have already learned a lot. I’ve finally learned my class schedule and although I have not got to communicate with as many students since school has started, i can tell by looking at most of them  there are some very smart students who care about their education.

I enjoy every class I have started for  senior year and to me it’s a very light schedule. I have been going through a few challenges but I am making it through like any other students walking theses halls. I feel comfortable because of the respect I get from teachers that just met me and they let you know that no child is left behind. That makes me feel like I’m in a environment that cares about students who they see who can really achieve whether you think you could or not.

This is my last year here and I am going to finish strong. I feel like a whole new Jermaine because I have been given a chance to show what I am made of and what I’m here for. Every day I tell myself “RISE & GRIND” which has become my motto. It keeps me pumped up and lets me know that failure is not an option for me. When I told my teachers they looked at me like ‘this guy right here is ready’. I tell myself everyday to stay focused don’t let anything get to you. Through it all I have learned that education is a very important aspect of life and the chance I’ve been given to finish my last year of high school is a wake up call to me.

Every child needs to know without  education you really don’t get as far without any type of schooling background. School is the number one thing in life for us all. Getting knowledge is not a crime. We should all take full control of our education. I am proud to be a Junction City High School Blue Jay because it has opened up the doors to a young man who is very enthused about finishing high school and wanting to do something new. My name is Jermaine Barnett and I am a proud young man to be considered a Junction City High School Blue Jay.