October, Anti-Bullying Month.

October, Anti-Bullying Month.

Sofia Casas, Writer

This month of October in Anti-bullying month. Junction City High School used the week of October 19-22 to tribute the Anti bulling month. At the beginning at the school day people were handing out orange pins so they could wear it all week also it is suggested to wear orange shirts.

Anti-bulling month is to acknowledge that bulling of any kind (verbal, emotional, and mental). Bulling of any kind is dangerous because we don’t know what the bulling can affect the person that is happening to. In worst case scenario an innocent child that has been bullied has taken its like. At that moment that is when people take action but that is not the point that we should take action. The moment that we should take action would be the first moment that we see a child is being bullies and feels unsafe to come to school or anywhere at all.

In the USA, STOMP is the Anti-bulling month program in that the United States. STOMP dedicates the whole month. On October Anti-bullying activities include STOMP Out Bullying™’s signature campaign Blue Shirt Day™ World Day of Bullying Prevention on the first Monday of every October. On the week of October 12th it is the week to make friends. On that week you have to make an assistive to make friends. On the week of October 19th this week it to STAND UP AGAINST BULLING. The week of 19 is to stop all the bulling that is happing at the moment. The week of October 26th Students can participate by

• Creating positive messages on post-its and handing them out to students at school
  • Creating anti-bullying videos and sharing them on the STOMP Out Bullying site
  • Sharing inspirational stories on the STOMP Out Bullying site
  • Creating an act of kindness every day and challenging others to do the same. Make kindness go viral!

We should stop and prevent all bulling that is happening at Junction City High School and also all around this nation.

http://www.stompoutbullying.org/index.php/campaigns/national-bullying-prevention-awareness-month/