Senior Farewell: Tray Minor

Tray Minor, Staff Writer

During my High school career, I learned a lot from my teachers, friends, and most importantly my family. There were plenty of times where I wanted to give up or joked about how it would be easier to drop out. But I’m glad the people closest to me pushed me to succeed and try new things and to truly never give up. They encouraged me to just to stop and think about how to do things a little better than I did before. I brought that attitude when I first signed up for Newspaper my junior year. I didn’t really know what to expect but I was interested in covering the news and being more involved at my school in any way.

I really found myself enjoying every story I was doing and the class was a great outlet for my creativity to flow. I continued doing that the next year doing a couple of stories here and there. I really started to get into sports photography, especially during basketball season. I enjoyed taking a lot of great photos and prior to basketball, I only took pictures of varsity boys Soccer and freshman girls’ volleyball. Both of them, I didn’t enjoy as much as I enjoyed taking pictures of basketball.

I just really liked taking action shots and figuring out ways to make each photo different from the last one. I often would go to different spots around the court. And going under the rim and making pictures rather than taking pictures. A lot of the pictures I took just happened because I was in the right place at the right time. All of this hard work earned me a 1st in regionals award in the KSPA contest for a picture I took. This was crazy,  I thought that I was good but the reviewers told me I was talented. That gave me a lot of confidence to do more photography. Overall I enjoyed my high school experience.