Senior Farewell: Jacob Hermanson

Jacob Hermanson, Staff Writer

So this is it, after four years of high school I’m moving on to my next step in life. Looking back it doesn’t feel like four years, more like a couple of months with some short breaks in the middle filled with amazing friends. It’s been an adventure, especially since I moved halfway across the country to Junction City.

My third year of high school was my first year at Junction City High School, and when I first got here, I didn’t feel like I moved to a small town in Kansas. After a while, I started to realize that everyone knows everyone else, and that was something that I wasn’t used to. Throughout my life, I had always gone to schools where you didn’t know everyone, their family, and their pets. Luckily, it didn’t take long for me to make a lot of good friends. A lot of people joked that I was forever stuck in Kansas, which is partially true. I will be with the people I made friends with so in a way, I will be in Kansas.

Senior year I started my first year of the Blue Jay Online, and my last year of high school. This year has gone by so much faster than any other year of school and I still can’t believe graduation is this Saturday. It has been a lot of fun and I’m thankful for all the people who I have met along the way. I have had to learn a lot about being an adult so I’m ready for the next step in life, wherever I end up and wherever I go.

As I move onto my next step in life I would like to thank everyone who I worked with and became friends with. I hope everyone finds success and happiness in what they want from life, and that they aren’t afraid to be different. My teachers from my senior year have helped me become a better student and I hope to learn a lot more about becoming a photographer.