Time To Shine: Marquis Mitchell Talks About Football Season Opener

Marquis Mitchell, Junior, discusses the football season opener against Highland Park

Maliquka Spencer, Staff Writer

Junction City High School opens up their first varsity game against Highland Park on September 5th. We interviewed Marquis Mitchell to discuss pre game preparation and his worries for the game. Here are his responses:

What is the best thing you’ve seen come from the team so far this season?

“The best thing that I’ve seen that has come from the team is, at our lock-in we all came together and really connected. We really weren’t talking about getting the ring, we were just talking about like having a fun season and becoming one- like becoming one as a whole team and a family. I thought that, that moment was really unique. That something we’ve been working towards everyday at practices, at practice we always “1-2, Family on 2, Family!” Thats how we do it.”

What is one thing that you’ve seen that needs the most work?

One thing that needs work is going after it more, more effort, more energy. Other than that, we don’t have much time before we play Highland Park, and I think, to be honest that we will win by at least 20 plus. Thats how i feel about it, because our defense, we shut everything down, and our offense, is hard to stop.”

What are you most nervous about for the game?  

Something I’m nervous about… I don’t want to sound selfish but the only thing I’m worried about is me. Not being able to work hard on the field and not being able to shine. Thats all we need to do, work hard and shine. On that we each need to bring our game time effort, lets do our jobs on the field. WE NEED TO GET THIS WIN!”