What Makes You Happy?

Armani Lawrence, Staff Writer

What makes you happy?

When you wake up in the morning, do you look forward to your day? Does the idea of coming to school and seeing your friends excite you? Perhaps you have the classes that you love and that is what you can look forward to.

Maybe it is not school at all, but instead Friday night’s adventures. Either way, we all need something to look forward to that would brighten our mood. Whatever it is, we all have at least one thing.

In high school, there are so many demands. Peers, teachers, and parents all breathing down your neck with expectations. The stress of keeping grades up, working and managing a social life all affects you almost daily. When the weekend comes, most want to to use the time to enjoy time away from things like this.

Who can say that they are truly happy? What is happiness? It is different for each of us. It is said that we can only find true happiness within ourselves.

Is this true? Are we the cause of our own happiness?

Some of us know already. Others need to figure it out. Perhaps it is simple, and we are overlooking it. The truth is unknown. Maybe it is meant to be that way. We have to lead our lives in the best way that we can. A healthy balance is what guides us in the right direction. Having fun and enjoying life is part of living.

We as teens, have to live our lives to where we find happiness within it. We have to know to take the right precautions to ensure a happy and full future. Sometimes it is about not only the fun we have but also the feeling inside of us when we do. Helping others could make you happy, having good grades or even having reliable relationships could contribute to your happiness. Sometimes the little things can change our day and leave an impression. It is just a matter of putting yourself out there. So when someone asks, “What makes you happy?” you’d have the answer. So open your eyes and find what makes you feel something.