Should teenagers be allowed to Trick-or-Treat?

Olivia Knerr, Staff Editor

For years there has been a debate on the internet about whether or not teenagers should be allowed to trick-or-treat on Halloween. People all across the globe are voicing their frustrations or support of the topic. I set out to find out what the students, teachers, and family members of Junction City High School think of teenagers partaking in the Halloween tradition. A total of 139 people responded to our form, 94.2% of participants voted ‘Yes’ on the first question and 5.8% voted no. (Pictured to the right)

In the poll, I also asked the people who voted No what age they should stop trick-or-treating. I got a variety of answers, some from people who voted yes saying that as long as their in spirit, they should be able to trick-or-treat. (Results pictured to the right)

A pie chart with various results to the question, "If no, what age should they stop?

People who don’t think teenagers should trick or treat use the reason that it is for the children. I say that anyone is able to trick or treat, as long as you’re in the spirit, fun has no limit. Being an adult is scary enough, why remove one of the best holidays of the year just because they’re not seven years old anymore? There is the special cases when mentally disabled people, who can have the mind of a child but their body may look like they’re 30 years old. When it comes down to it, just be kind and let people live their lives to the fullest extent they can. It’s a holiday where we take candy from strangers, dress-up in costumes, and make memories, let people enjoy it!