Janet Enamorado: Senior Farewell

Janet Enamorado, Staff Writer

Hola! My name is Janet Enamorado and I am finally graduating! I have spent a year and some change here at JCHS, and it was a good experience. I moved here in the second semester of my junior year and will be finishing up here.

My main experience of high school was not here, but at Lowndes High School. There I made friends in the marching band and enjoyed the Friday night lights. My family is Army so I am no stranger to new schools and new friends. I will admit that when I first arrived in Kansas, I did not like it at all. I thought there was nothing to do (which there really is not) and no sights to see. However, as time went on, I came to realize the beauty and calmness of Kansas; something that many states do not have. Junction City High School may not seem like a great school from the outside, but it is the inside that shines. The teachers and staff here are amazing and do quality work with the students. It is nice to be able to come to a school and have quality teachers and education.

There are days when I look at the calendar and just wonder, where has all the time gone? Soon I will be sitting at a lunch table with my friends for the last time, walking down the halls for the last time, and going to school dances for the last time. I will say that high school has probably been one of the most fun experiences of my life. I was able to go to two different high schools, meeting many new friends with ideals and values that helped shape me as a person.

High school is all one big experience filled with people who will come in and out of your life. Being a senior and only have a few days left of high school is surreal. You wait four whole years to be done with school, and the day finally comes, and it is as if you have lost an old friend. However, the memories with said friend are all worthwhile and it is time to move on and make more.

I spent many days of my high school career in marching band, and I contribute it to making me who I am today. I met people whose love and passion for music made me realize how beautiful it really was. Just having the time to sit and practice my music or listen to it made me much calmer and stress-free. A song a day keeps the doctors away! In high school I find it very important to find something, you enjoy doing. Who knows, maybe you will have a career with your passion.

Finally, enjoy high school while you can. College and high school are going to be in different ballparks, heck they will not even be the same game! Make memories that will last, take photos, make friends, take risks. All the teachers, family and friends who helped me throughout high school, I love you! Thank you for a great high school career. Do not forget, you are only in high school once, so make the best of it! Farewell Junction City High School!