10 Things To Do Before You Graduate

Jaedn Cooper, Managing Editor

1. Make your mark

As your high school career nears it’s end, you should leave an impact on your school. Leave this chapter of your life with a bang. Do something that you will be remembered for. You could do something as small as helping someone in need or anything as big as standing up against a flaw in the system for the future high school student body. Reform, change, fix, get involved. Even if it is just volunteering at a concession stand or making the posters for a school event. Make your mark.

2. Go support one of your sports teams

Whether you went to every football game this year or if you didn’t go to a single sporting event in your entire high school career, go out and support. Watch a baseball game or go to a sport that doesn’t get a lot of people in the stands. Your fellow peers put a lot of work and passion into these games and practices and they deserve your support.

3. Go to prom

You only have one senior prom, even if dances and formal wear isn’t your ‘whole scene’, you should go. Prom can get very expensive, but JCHS has a great prom closet opportunity where you can borrow a prom dress or tuxedo for free. Also plenty of thrift stores sell formal wear, pretty isn’t always expensive. Prom night will be something you remember for the rest of your life and it is some final memories you will have with a majority of your senior class.

4. Cleanse your social media

Either you have already had your 18th birthday and have reached adulthood or you will be turning 18 in the next few months. Either way, high school and childish twitter pages should come to an end. In a world full of social media and technology everything you post, impacts you and your future. Going into college or any after high school plans you will be looked at by future employers and colleges. You want a potential boss, teacher, etc. to get a good impression of you. Take some time before you graduate to clean your social media pages of inappropriate photos, drama, unnecessary posts, and maybe add some security to your pages and limit peoples access to your personal info.

5. Give gratitude to special teachers/administration

Teachers and Administration put in a lot of time and work to create a safe and educational school environment for you. Showing them your appreciation is critical in reminding them why they do this. Tell them that you appreciate them, write them a thank you letter, give them a gift, do them a favor, or plenty of other things to show your appreciation for their hard work.

6. Mend a broken friendship

Graduating high school is turning the page to the next chapter of your life, you want to end on a good note. This is a fresh start and you don’t want to carry over drama from your past. Go and mend some problems with an old friend.

7. Senior Pics/Grad Invites

The time is closer than you think! Send them out to family and friends so they can share that special day with you.

8.Final band/choir/orchestra performance

Just like your sports teams, the music program puts in hours of work and dedication to their performances. Even if you’ve never been to a single concert go out and support. They’re free and it feels great for the performers to see that they’re performing for their peers.

9. Take pictures

All of these moments here at the end of your high school career are once in a lifetime events. Take pictures to help remember all of the friends you will eventually part ways with. A great way to remember great memories are photographs. Take some pictures but don’t bury your nose in your phone, remember to enjoy these moments.

10. Memorable adventure with your friends

Lets face the facts, a lot of these people you hang out with now, you may never see again. We are all going off onto our own paths. Appreciate your last few moments. Even though the end of your senior year is extremely busy make time for your friends, create memories, and adventure.