Senior Farewell: Juan J. Santillan

Juan Santillan

Juan Santillan

Juan Santillan, Staff Writer

I’ve attended Junction City High school since the beginning of my freshman year, and now it is coming to the end of the first semester of my senior year which also marks the end of my senior year due to me being an early graduate. I will only be coming back next semester to walk across the stage on graduation.

To all juniors, sophomores or freshman who read this article, DO EARLY GRADUATE summer school! It pays off well.

My favorite classes have been Newspaper with Mr. Walter, Zoology with Mr. Cell, Microbiology with Mrs. Luedders and Health with Mr. Cooke.

One thing that I regret not doing in High school is trying out for sports such as football, baseball, soccer and track. I really wish I would’ve done them.

After the 17th of December I will be preparing myself for Marine Corps boot camp and will ship out February 27th of next year.  The best part is that I will graduate boot camp on a Friday, fly back on Saturday and graduate high school on that Sunday as a United States Marine. The reason why I will not be attending college is because I don’t want to follow the crowd, I want to do my own path. I have been accepted into Washburn University but will not be going.

Some personal advice I have for high school students is to not focus on that special girl or special guy that you like, trust me, and focus on school rather than bae. Education comes first. When I was younger I would always say “ah grades don’t matter!” but I was wrong, they do.

I’ve had a lot of great memories at Junction City High, I sure will miss it.

Lastly to conclude my farewell: Dear Freshman and future Freshman, stop “boooing” us seniors at pep rallies. You can’t “boooo” us, you guys have not done close to what we did the make it to where we are now. Nevertheless, good luck students! #CO2016