Really, Again? Filly Football

Kalyn Love, Staff writer

For the second year in a row the annual Filly Football, Powder Puff Football, game has been cancelled. Students who were excited for this tradition were once again disappointed. Why does this keep happening? There weren’t enough girls to sign up for the event. Although the junior class met their quota, why must they suffer because not enough of the other classes wanted to sign up? The sophomores as well. What they should have done was allowed the two classes that met the player requirement play, and the winner be picked among them.

Not having the Filly Football game this year is upsetting. The original price for registration was $12, then when they were light on the sign ups they lowered the price to $3, and still no one signed up. My freshman year where I told myself that I would play Filly Football all four years of my high school career and when they cancelled Filly Football last year my goal was shattered even though once again my class met the player amount requirements.

This is important because it gives some girls the confidence to get involved with the school and an opportunity to make new friends. And the male cheerleaders that provide a comic relief to the game don’t have the chance to show how much they love their class. Potential Filly Football participants will be issued a refund for their registration fee.

In future years hopefully Filly Football won’t be cancelled and those wanting to participate can do so.