JCHS To Offer ACT Review

Samantha Stunkel, Staff Writer

Students wanting to attend college are required to take tests such as the ACT, and it’s important to get a decent score as well. Most students say they do well on every section, except for the math portion. So this year one of our local mathematic teachers Mrs. Abernathy has taken up the opportunity to give students a better shot at gaining those better scores.

Junction City High is considered to be below the average of 22 for the test, so Abernathy decided to take the initiative of “why not 22” to help students succeed in getting higher scores.

“I want to do what’s right for students” said Abernathy “and I think that the rest of the math department thinks that’s a good idea too”.

This review is for students who need that extra preparation, or who just simply need a little reminder of what they learned in the early years; that they have forgotten.

It’s important for students taking the test to take this opportunity, because students just hope they remember, and hope they good score. But with this review it is guaranteed to prepare you more than you were before.

“I’m trying to find a way to give examples of past ACT questions to make that explicit for them” said Abernathy “This is so they won’t have to hope they remember, they will remember”.

It’s offered within the course of three weeks; right before the ACT.

Here is the schedule:

Week 1 (October 5-9)
October 7: Pre-Algebra
October 8: Elementary Algebra

Week 2 (October 12-16)
October 14: Intermediate Algebra
October 15: Coordinate Geometry

Week 3 (October 19-22)
October 21: Plane Geometry
October 22: Trigonometry