Someone Call Waste Management

Someone Call Waste Management

Walter Wadford, Staff Writer

There has been a lot of hype surrounding the newly released mixtape “What A time To Be Alive” by HipHop/R&B artist Drake featuring Rapper Future. Even NBA all stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have posted multiple times on social media about this new release.

“Yup! THEY can go solo or team up together and make fire either way… Drizzy and Future Hendrix ain’t playing fair!” Lebron James said on instagram.

Dwyane Wade also posted on instagram saying “The great ones can do it all!!! Shout out to Drake and Future on this collabo!”

Many students of JCHS have stated that this is the mixtape of the year but are these students just hypebeast? My answer to that question is yes. This mixtape that I was so anxious to hear did not meet my expectations. Lyrically this mixtape is terrible. As far as I see it, it is an album full of “club bangers” just like the other albums released by rappers of today. This generation has become used to club bangers and non-lyrical lyricist.

Of all the songs that are considered popular on this mixtape “Big Rings” is the most mediocre of them all. This the worst song Drake has ever produced. I do not even consider this a song, but more of a nursery rhyme. I believe that Dr. Sues’s “Green Eggs and Ham” is better than “Big Rings”. This mixtape is garbage, and that is an understatement. *Drops mic, walks off stage*.