Forensics Team to Compete at CFL National Tournament

Jenna M. Holley

CFL National Qualifiers.

Jenna M. Holley, Staff Writer

The Junction City High School Forensics team will proudly have seven students attend the Catholic Forensics League National tournament (CFL) on May 23rd. The CFL Nationals is being held this year in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Much like the tournaments throughout the season the students (Seniors Emily Kirkman and Samantha Judd for DUO, Sophomores Jordan Bailey and Tianna Synder for DUO, Junior Max Jenkins for Dramatic Interp, Junior Kai Roberts for Lincoln Douglas, and Sophomore Jonathan Hunter for Congressional Debate) will be performing their pieces in front of judges. Nationals is open to all schools that offer Forensics to their students.

“I’m extremely excited to be going to Nationals because my partner (Samantha Judd) and I have been working really hard,” said Senior Emily Kirkman.

The Forensics team are currently working extremely hard to raise the money to send its members to Nationals. There will be many fundraising events to raise the $6,716 needed to go to the tournament. They have already had a Easter Ham Raffle and a pancake breakfast on April 21st.  A carwash will be on May 2nd and a Garage Sale on May 9th. Those who qualified for Nationals are doing their part to help in the fundraising as well, going door to door to sell tickets for the pancake breakfast. Please support the Forensics team by going to these fundraising events.

“It’s a big event so I can’t complain,” said Sophomore Tianna Synder.