Senior Class Presidential Candidates

Rachel Soh, Blue Jay Reporter

Ryan Boland posing in front of his campaign poster

Ryan Boland has three years of experience in Student Council. He was the President last year and has been Treasurer his freshman and sophomore year. “I work my way up”

In his year of Student Council this year, “I helped Juniors this year with prom” Said Boland.

He is also in National Honor Society and S2S.

“I’ve learned how to be a good leader” Said Ryan Boland, Current Junior

As president, Ryan wants to be there for the students in and out of school.

“I want to make sure to be there for community service learning hours” Said Boland

Ryan Boland and Keaton Petite picking up trash on Junction City Earth Day

He would also “Get input from classmates” for ideas concerning school activities.
“I want to be flexible and there for the students” Said Senior Class Presidential Candidate, Ryan Boland.

Kate Westerhaus posing in front of her campaign poster

Kate Westerhaus is a part of National Honor Society, Blue Jay Pride, Blue Jay Nation, Class committee(s), and Super 10 Club. She has experience with working with other students in these clubs and has been involved with the school.

“I have great ideas.” Said Kate Westerhaus, she wants to help the school get into more school spirit.

Kate is also involved with a lot of community service activities, and thinks it’s an opportunity all students should be a part of.

National Honor Society Members posing after cleaning up in Junction City Earth Day

“I care about the school and students. I care about everyone’s future” She believes that everyone should be involved with making the decisions.

As president, Kate Westerhaus said “I want to change old traditions and create new ones” The most important part of senior year is to make it special, said Kate Westerhaus, Senior Class Presidential Candidate.

Ashanti Davis posing in front of her campaign poster

Ashanti Davis was the Junior Class president the past year and has had few years of experience helping students.

“I’ve been on the student committee since the 4th grade.” She is used to being in a leadership position and helping other students.

“I’ve gotten into the practice of helping other students.”

As president, she wants the school to be more involved with community service and look more into helping the community.

Her goal as president is “just to help others do what they want to do.” Said Davis, Senior Class Presidential Candidate.

These representatives are trying to find the best way to represent the students the school next year. These candidates are the next striving leaders that are students to provide ideas to the administrators and faculty.

Vote for the person that you think will best represent the Class of 2016!