Increase in Lethargic Students with Spring Break Approaching

Courtney McQuay, Staff Writer

flowers

Spring Break is coming up and students are starting to have lethargic attitudes and behaviors. With only a few days until Spring Break, students have already become lazy. But with midterms coming up, now is not the time to slack off.

Instead of slacking off in school and waiting for spring break to arrive, now is the time you should strive harder than usual. Students sometimes think that it’s not necessary to work harder for numerous reasons and some may even say that “it’s too late to get my grades up anyway” or even “teachers always give you too much work the week before spring break”.

It’s not enough to work with little effort just to get by, when you have the opportunity to do much more. Just because Spring Break is coming up, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t strive your hardest.

“I guess in a way, I get lazier with schoolwork because I just feel like I want to get out of school faster” says Michael Shaver, a Sophomore.

Becoming consistently lazy and unmotivated in school around Spring Break can cause you to have a hard time catching up, causing procrastination. If you keep on top of your work, then when you come back from Spring Break, all you would have to do is complete the assignments that you are given, instead of having to catch up with previous work along with new work.

When you are efficient with schoolwork, it shows in your grades. The same occurs when you start to slack off. Overcoming laziness is the easiest way to stay on top of schoolwork for before and after Spring Break and it’s not actually as challenging and many think it is. The first step you should do is to get organized by writing a to-do list in your planner and setting a time for you to complete assignments. If you take the time to do those things that need to be done, it really helps you overcome laziness.

Spring Break is a lazy time for most people, but you’re missing work should be your priority. If you get those done within the first day(s) of Spring Break, then you’ve got the rest of the time to be lazy and not worry about assignments. But make sure you get plenty of rest during Spring Break, and it will be beneficial when you come back because you are ready and willing to work.