Sophomore Survival Guide

Maliquka Spencer, Staff Writer

Congratulations! You’ve successfully made your way through Freshman year, and now you’re probably wondering, how in the world you were going to survive your sophomore year in high school? Well let me tell you this much– it’s not as easy at it looks nor is it as hard people say it is. But with help from your fellow Juniors and Seniors we’ve compiled our top tips forto what we thought would get you through your Sophomore year with flying colors.

1. “Don’t procrastinate! It’s so much easier to get something done right away rather than wait last minute.”– Breyana Rose, Senior

2. “Make sure you stay organized, and keep out of trouble.” — Jaquan Roberts, Junior

3. “Don’t get into drama! High school doesn’t last forever, so make your education count and don’t play around with it.”–Desiree Jones, Senior

4. “People are going to come and go, don’t waste your time keeping them where they don’t want to be kept. If they want to leave? let them go! Focus on yourself and school, the rest will fall into place.”– Diamond Roundtree, Junior

5. “Always try an do better than the person next to you.”– Douglas Florencio, Senior

6. “ Don’t be a nuisance. Resist all urges to go around talking about how you “hate freshman.” Just because you’re not fresh meat anymore doesn’t mean you’re suddenly an upperclassman.”– Dezarae Smith, Junior

7. “Be yourself. Don’t change because you are trying to impress the upperclassmen. Trust me, they don’t really care. Most people can spot a fake from miles away. Just be yourself.”–Daniella Apodaca, Junior

8. “The biggest mistake you can make sophomore year is thinking that you know everything. You don’t. Thats why you’re only in your second year of high school.” –Shaley Jones, Senior

With these tips, you should find yourself making it through the rest of your high school years with little problem. Remember, focus on your school work, and always try your best!