JCHS Art

Drawing+by+Joyce+McMillian+

Jenna M. Holley

Drawing by Joyce McMillian

On May 1, Junction City High School had their annual Art Show. Students were able to have their artwork presented and admired by all who attended. The art show had different pieces of art from students from every grade. The pieces of art were presented in a variety of ways, such as drawings and paintings.

Joyce McMillian

Junction City High School is not only home to athletic students but also to artistic students from the Drawing, Painting, Graphic Design, and Junior/Senior studies classes. One of the many artistic students, known for her colorful hair and interesting sense of style is Junior Joyce McMillian. Joyce has been in Drawing One and Two, 3D Design One and Two, Graphic Design One and Two, Painting One, and is currently in junior studies. Students can see her artwork, alongside other artists’ work, outside of Mr. Goheen’s classroom RM 103.

“Ever since I was a child I loved to draw. My inspiration comes from many things from my mood and the music I am listening to or even the people in my life. For this picture I had been listening to a lot of indie pop music like “Sweater Weather,” which always felt very flowing to me. I also had been thinking of how someday I really want to go to California (explaining the setting), however the girl is not meant to necessarily be myself. I encourage others to work hard and try to achieve your dreams.”