Farewell from Jenna

Farewell from Jenna

Jenna M. Holley, Staff Writer

Four years of High school, not always something one looks forward to. In some events school can actually be really enjoyable. I find both sides to be true in regards to High School. There were some things that happened that I did enjoy about high school, such as being a part of the Newspaper staff since sophomore year. Some things that happened I guess could have been better if I actually liked Math classes. I still made it through these four years thankfully.

Two of my all-time favorite classes had to have Forensics and Newspaper. Surprisingly I really enjoyed being a part of the Forensics team all throughout high school. The class helped me with speaking up and actually talking to others. It also helped with Newspaper since there’s the whole interviewing part of that. Newspaper definitely is my favorite class without a doubt. Mrs. Macumber and Mr. Walter were my favorite teachers just because of the class. Everything about Journalism is just so interesting and I can’t ever explain how so, it’s just one of those things that doesn’t need a direct explanation.

High school is usually a weird time in people’s lives. They’re out of middle school and getting close to becoming adults. It’s definitely weird since this is the part of everyone’s school career that goes by extremely fast. One minute you’re sitting in your English class during your freshman year learning about Romeo and Juliet and then the next thing you know…you’re trying to finish your Government final rough draft. Things go by quickly and you have to learn to cherish all the good times.

New things happen every day in school. One of the greatest things for me would be that I became more comfortable with being myself. I stand out by the way I dress and do my makeup and I’m okay with that. High school really helped me with coming out of my shell and not being so quiet or shy. I still am quiet and shy but it’s not as much as it was before. I actually don’t mind talking to people, still working on talking in groups and giving presentations.

“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are,” unknown.

High school has definitely changed who I am as a person. College will be an adventure and so is being on my own. For every under-classmen, enjoy it as much as possible. Things happen, time flies by, and then the next thing you know…you’re walking across the stage getting your diploma with your graduating class of 2015.